Friday, October 28, 2011

Very Wonderful Fall Day!

Today, I had a doctor's appointment. It was pretty much the usual looooonnnnnggggg wait in the waiting room, short visit with doc, long wait to get back home kind of thing. HOWEVER.....

I lost TEN pounds today! :) I didn't even realize it until the nurse read the number (which is still exponentially large, so I'm not sharing) back to me.

This has definitely given me the confidence boost and motivation to start my new healthy living plan. Yes, not a DIET, but an entire plan that focuses on my entire well being: mind, body, heart, and soul. I'm making it up as I go along, trying things to see what works and what doesn't. I will not deprive myself of anything. I'm just going to reduce the actual amount of food that I eat and get more active. I have a large goal ahead of me, but if I take even one more step than I did yesterday, I am in much better shape than I was before. It will happen eventually, and if not, fuck it. At least I tried.

Oh, and I got my flu and pneumonia shots. So now I'm protected before the cold and flu season. Yay.

Tomorrow is a day full of errands: pharmacy, bank, groceries, maybe some goodies too for Halloween. I have no idea what my costume will be yet. My neighborhood is all spaced out and isn't conducive for trick or treating. I will probably just buy some healthy candy for myself, maybe watch a movie or something on TV. Very vivacious of me, I know. I'm sooooo interesting, right?

Peace always,

V

No comments:

Post a Comment