Friday, March 16, 2012

Spring Cleanin', Movin', and Shakin'!

Hey everyone!

Happy early St. Paddy's Day for tomorrow.

George Clooney got arrested! But now he's released, according to CNN, so that's a relief. As for the issues behind the arrest, sigh. I've spent so much time worrying about things like poverty and hunger and trafficking in the past that it's just so draining now. I need to let go; I'm not a professional activist. I don't have the resources to make the kind of change needed for those things to be reduced/eliminated. Which brings me to the whole KONY 2012 thing. I've been pretty silent until now, which is ironic, seeing as how back in my Southwestern days (yeah, I'm getting old, people!), I was all about Invisible Children. I even slept in a cardboard box in Austin! That's how into it I was. Now, I've toned down a bit. I'll post a status or send an e-mail to a representative about something, but that's about it. I can only do so much.

I'm realizing this with a lot of things, actually. I'm really getting to a point where I can't just help but focus on my self. Not really the self I thought I was going to be, but the self that is currently in progress, and the new self I wish to be in the future. I've spent so long taking care of so many people, whom, honestly, didn't really need or ask for the help. Even Jesus had his limits.

So I'm taking off my cross and halo and stepping down from my throne. Yet I'm not resting on my laurels, either. Graduation is coming and I will need a lot of time to process and prepare for that. After that, I plan to continue to educate myself, take a few classes in some fun things, maybe. I have an acoustic guitar that collects dust in a case in my room. Maybe I'll get that tuned and get some lessons. We'll see.

So I've got a bit of waiting to do....and I might as well enjoy it now while I still can! I've been working on my room and throwing out a lot of rubbish. Basically, I was treating my floor like a trashcan...not cool. Now I can see my floor. That is progress. It takes time, whether I want it to or not, whatever is going to happen will happen.

There.

Breathe.

Done.

Until next time!

Peace always,

V

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear that you're spending a bit of time focusing on yourself, Nessie! I'm so proud of you!

    Activism and volunteering is definitely difficult, and one can spread themselves too thin - it's good to know your strengths and limitations - AND what causes warrant your attention.

    ReplyDelete